Infinity provides market leading engineering and project management services for renewable energy developments, through its dedicated Infinity Renewables business.
Specialising in both offshore and onshore renewables projects, Infinity Renewables has successfully migrated its PM&E skill set from the oil and gas sector to marine renewables ( wave, wind and tidal) and onshore (PV, concentrating solar thermal).
This has been possible by offering leading capabilities in all aspects of the renewables project life-cycle, from the earliest conceptual studies, through the optimisation of the architecture, detailed design and operations and maintenance, to ensure delivery of a fully integrated project.
Two of our recent renewable energy achievements are:
Vast Solar – CST 1MW Pilot Plant, Jemalong, NSW
Infinity Renewables provided site management services which ultimately completed VAST’s heat exchanger and steam production milestone 3 days ahead of schedule. This included the management of site safety, quality, engineering, procurement and logistics, client reporting, budget and schedule. This project required
- commissioning of all heat exchanger pipework including testing and quality assurance documentation,
- doubling the number of solar towers and heliostats that were online
- managing the phased completion of the power station control system
- Kicking off the HV grid connection mechanicals and power purchase agreements
- Managing the ongoing turbine and generator pre-commissioning with the European vendors
BioPower Systems – Port Fairy Wave Energy Project
Infinity Renewables assisted BioPower Systems with the procurement of a power cable for their 250kW prototype in 30m of water in Port Fairy Victoria. The BioPower project is a 600t x 26m high steel structure mounted on the seabed which converts the kinetic movement of the pivoting arm, into electricity which is then exported to shore.